When I was typing into my Evernote my April Acknowledgements, I began by writing, “Jesus is Alive! He has come to give me life, an abundant life. I don’t settle or compromise with the Truth. I am an overcomer….
That is when an alert popped up asking, “Do you want to add overcomer to your dictionary?”
When we come to Christ, and we confess him before men, our name also appears in the heavenly document log, and what happens is that Jesus is asked, “Do you want to add this name to the Book of Life?” to which He answers, “Yes!”
When we come to Christ, of course, we are redeemed, delivered and set apart; and all of those words need to be added to our spiritual dictionary or lexicon. But there is also a number of other works that have to be added as well, one of which is the word, ‘Overcomer.’
There was this bad king of Moab in the Old Testament who wanted this prophet to curse the Children of Israel, but God wouldn’t allow it. Read the story:
God said to Balaam, “Do not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.”
- Get in the Book – literally and figuratively.
- Become intentional about adding to your spiritual vocabulary.
- Walk in agreement with God.
- Develop a “Snap-Back” mentality; when bad things happen, learn to spiritually Snap Back!
- Like any new language, whenever you stop using it, you start losing it.
- Signs that you are losing the battle come after we have forgotten our language.
- Our identity gives birth to your language!